A Human Rights NGO
is seeking to contract the services of a
Programme/ Research Assistant
The successful applicant would be responsible for providing assistance to the Executive Director
SCOPE OF WORK
- Provide support to the Executive Director in managing programmes, carrying out research, coordination of workshops and other related activities for marginalised populations
- Maintain a record of community workshops and files of activities executed on the Project
- Identify existing community based organizations and other groups and act as liaison
- Maintain contact with community members, leaders, partners and external stakeholders for advancing the work of the Project and improving community development
- Monitor the media for reports and maintain a record of developing challenges affecting specific communities
- Maintain a contact database of stakeholders
- Write quality and timely reports as required
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Highly organized
- Minimum – Certificate/ Diploma/ Associate Degree in the Social Sciences, Education, Communications, Programme Management or a related field.
- Experience in the field Research/Writing Skills
- Experience and strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and Project.
- Experience working with civil society organisations and background in human rights and justice reform would be an asset.
Interested candidates should send an Application Letter and Resume by September 17, 2010 to: firstname.lastname@example.org