SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
The Human Resources Office
142 Old Hope Road
POINT OF CONTACT
OPEN TO: To All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Cashier, FSN-7, FP 7 (Full Performance Level)Cashier, FSN-6, FP 8 (Developmental Level)
OPENING DATE: December 22, 2011
CLOSING DATE: January 5, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: J$1,956,645 p.a. (Starting salary)(Position Grade: FSN-7)
J$1,594,935 p.a. (Starting salary)
(Position Grade: FSN-6)
The U.S. Embassy in Jamaica is seeking a
Cashier to work on a full-time basis with
US Peace Corps/Jamaica.
*Position requires completion of mandatory post entry training. In order to develop the
required knowledge and expertise, successful applicant may be hired one grade level below
the full performance level.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent manages the cash and check disbursement operations of the organization, providing cash and check disbursement, bank wire transfers as well as other essential non-cash services to approximately 75 Peace Corps Volunteers, 25 full time Personal Services Contractors and 10 short-term Personal Services Contractors and the over 400 external vendors/contractors of Peace Corps Jamaica.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. A bachelor’s degree, in accounting is required.2. One to two years experience as a cashier in a financial or banking institution or other related financial or banking experience is required.
3. Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
4. Must have strong banking (cashiering) background. Thorough working knowledge of Peace Corps regulations, policies and procedures is required for the full performance level.
5. Must have the ability to interpret complex regulations, excellent recordkeeping, follow up and organizational skills, and the ability to work with large amounts of cash expeditiously and accurately. Must have working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
6. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively in a multicultural environment.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae with all the information listed below
(failure to do so will result in an incomplete application) plus
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes
or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, state your
Driver’s License Class / Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S.
Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: January 5, 2012
The US Mission in Jamaica provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.